Saturday, November 14, 2009

Just Listen

My heart. Oh, this wandering heart.

I regret my unfaithfulness. I really do. Especially when I remember how I used to be. When I read my old journals, it hurts the most. That's when I see most clearly how far I have fallen. I usually tear up and promise to do better. I then promptly walk out the door and live for myself.

Slowly, my hope is fading into the darkness of this world. The Light I once held so dear fades away. My heart is discouraged.

And I don't do anything about it. But what can I do?

Am I too afraid? Will He not draw near? Am I too far from His reach? Can He not draw me out of these deep waters? I am I too sinful? Can He not cleanse me?

Is He not willing to fill me?

"I am willing."

What will it take, Lord, to get out of this? Can I somehow muster all the desire to know You? Do I have enough passion inside of myself, or can You intervene?

Help me to trust. All of me is Yours. Have Your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment