Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Hope

A terrible darkness has descended upon your soul. You have forgotten your hope, your anchor. Where can you turn when all your hope is gone?

We have no hope in this life, save that Jesus will take us to Himself. We are only here for a short time, then He will take us home. We must never lose sight of that hope.


"Therefore I am now going to allure her;
     I will lead her into the desert
     and speak tenderly to her.
There I will give her back her vineyards,
     and will make the Valley of Achor [trouble] a door of hope.
There she will sing as in the days of her youth,
     as in the days she came up out of Egypt.

"In that day," declares the Lord,
     "you will call me 'my husband';
     you will no longer call me 'my master.'
I will remove the names of the Baals from her lips;
     no longer will their names be invoked."

     (Hosea 2:14-17)


"He gives strenth to the weary, and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the lord [are expectant on YHWH] will renew their strength. The will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." (Isaiah 40:29)

Just a few more weary days,
 And then I'll fly away
To a land where joys shall never end
I'll fly away . . .

"I've read the last page of the Bible.
It's all going to turn out all right."
-Billy Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment