Thursday, April 23, 2009

Waiting For the Dawn




I think I have what you might call "surrender-phobia". Every time I feel that gentle nudge to give in to Him, I always seem to remember all the times I've wrestled for hours, waiting and praying for God to please come!

But time after time, I've ignored His urging. I have drowned out His small voice by wrapping myself with things of this world, not realizing that, as a result, I have become more and more complacent.

Still, three steady words keep my soul completely unfulfilled in my unfaithfullness: Meet with me.

But, I know, I know what He's asking me to do! He wants me to surrender. And not just my time for an hour. No, I know He wants to break me, humble me, and empty me until I no longer rely on myself but on HIM. He wants me to leave myself at the door, to seek Him with all my heart and soul. He wants all of me.

And, though waiting is painful, He promised that He will come, as surely as the sun rises (Hosea 6:3). I believe that, but sometimes I'm not willing to do whatever it takes. Especially because I know it might mean waiting until the sun rises.

And, of course, it's worth waiting. So why do I hesitate? Why don't I wait? Why don't I surrender?? God promises that those who humble themselves will be lifted up, and that He will come to those who seek Him with all their heart. If He didn't make us wait for Him in our weakness, we might not ever learn to rely on His strength!

The night is always the darkest right before the sun rises. I want to be one who waits for God more than watchmen wait for morning. I want to wait all the way until the sun finally lights up the sky and floods into the valley to light up my darkness.

Do you know how hard that is? But His grace is sufficient...I can do all things through Him!


"Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us
press on to acknowledge him. As surely
as the sun rises, he will appear; he
will come to us like the winter rains,
like the spring rains that water the
earth." (Hosea 6:3)

"Be stil before the Lord and wait
patiently for him." (Psalm 37:7)

Isaiah 40:29-31, Ephesians 3:12, Hebrews 4:16, Hebrews 10:22-23, 2 Corinthians 6:2, Psalm 9:9-10, James 4:7-10, Psalm 145:18-19, Psalm 131, Psalm 130:5-7, Psalm 116:16, Psalm 107:13-16, Psalm 105:4, Psalm 73:23-28, Psalm 69:13+32, Psalm 63:15, Psalm 61:2, Psalm 48:9, Psalm 46:10, Psalm 43:3-4, Psalm 42:1-2, Psalm 33:18-21, Psalm 31:24, Psalm 25:15, Psalm 22:26, Psalm 16:11, Psalm 9:9-10, Psalm 5:7, Psalm 4:6-7 ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment