Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Life to the Fullest


People talk about "living life to the fullest," but that's never possible for any person to do by himself. If someone spends his entire life bungee jumping, learning languages, and making incredible discoveries, he will never be completely satisfied with only that. When he looks back at the end of his life, Mt. Everest suddenly becomes so small; his knowledge seems so useless. So what is truly living life to the fullest? As humans, I believe that we all have a desire to do something more than just sit on our hands and watch life go by. We need adventure, change---fullness!

I don't know about you, but I want to live my life to the fullest. But I don't want to simply live "for the moment." I desire to live an amazing, full life in Christ. I want to---and need to---whole-heartedly seek my Lover and Life Sustainer! I want to follow the one who has called me. I must take up this splintered cross, forsake all earthly treasure that slips through my fingers like sand, and focus my life on Jesus! I want to always set Him before me! I want Him to be my passion, my obsession. I need to give my heart over to the One who can heal me. The only life worth living is one for Christ!!

"What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world,
yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for
his soul? For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's
glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person
according to what he has done."
Matthew 16:26-27

Lord, help me to remain in you, that you may remain in me!! I need to submit to your unbelievable will for my life. The next step in my amazing journey is beautiful surrender. Not the kind of "white flag" surrender when exhausted soldiers sorrofully give up and submit to the victor, but the joyful placing of myself into God's ever-loving hands. That is where I wish to remain for all eternity.

"[May you] know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19

No comments:

Post a Comment